Toxic Mold and Mildew
Mold and mildew present health dangers even if the contamination is not caused by toxic varieties.
Toxic Mold and Mildew
Some molds can cause respiratory infection when the spores are ingested deep into the lungs or respiratory tract. This usually does not affect most healthy people. This can be a greater danger for individuals with severely weakened immune systems, young children/infants and the elderly.
Toxicity & Mycotoxins
Very large doses of certain molds, whether inhaled or ingested, can result in poisoning caused by toxins (called mycotoxins) in the mold cells. It is not clear whether an individual can receive a high enough exposure to mold growing indoors to experience these toxic effects
Health effects from exposure to toxic mold can include any of the following symptoms:
Headaches – memory loss – problems focusing or concentrating – chronic fatigue – nose and throat irritation – persistent cold-like symptoms – burning, itching or watering eyes – dizziness – nausea – tremors – heart palpitations – shortness of breath (during mild exertion) – exhaustion- after routine activity – serious swelling in legs, ankles, feet – serious swelling in torso or stomach – prolonged muscle cramps and joint pain – sensitivity to – odors – cancer – women who are pregnant could experience multiple problems, even miscarriages.
If you or you or your family members show signs of unexplained chronic fatigue, daily headaches, persistent cold-like or flu-like symptoms, you could be suffering from exposure to volatile organic compounds (VOC) and should see a physician. Mold health effects are nothing to ignore. The health effects of breathing mycotoxins are not well understood, but we do know that most molds can present some health risks, such as allergic reactions. Therefore, any mold growth in a building should be cleaned up, regardless of the type of mold.
High Risk Groups of People:
Infants and children – elderly – people with asthma or allergies, and other respiratory (breathing) conditions like bronchitis or emphysema – people with weakened immune systems (such as people with HIV infection, cancer patients taking chemotherapy, and people who have received an organ transplant)
Any person that has any of the above mentioned risks should not be in an area that is likely to be contaminated with mold!Contact us today to set up an appointment
Certified Mold Solutions’ professionally trained inspectors will inspect and pinpoint the problem areas in your building.
Where is the mold growth? Crawlspace, attic, HVAC units or hidden in a bathroom wall? All of these are common locations for mold growth. Throughout the mold inspection sophisticated sensory equipment is used to locate probable areas of mold growth.
Our team is trained and certified in mold remediation, and your project will be handled to the exacting standards set forth by the Indoor Air Quality Association.
We lead the industry with our superior high quality remediation process. Anyone can remove mold, but it takes a mold remediation professional like Certified Mold Solutions to do it right.
Our water extraction and structural drying services are crucial, as mold will begin to grow on wet surfaces within 24 to 48 hours.
We are licensed, certified and insured to properly extract water and complete a drying protocol that will insure proper restoration of wet surfaces, and control mold growth. We’re committed to delivering fast, thorough water damage cleanup.